THIS WAS A FAVOURITE OF MINE BUT THEY DECIDED TO CLOSE
July 2013: A series showing Dublin youths taking advantage of the unusually good weather by jumping into the Liffey from a restaurant roof on the North Wall [Swai,The Campshires, North Wall Quay]and from the roof of another building close the Custom House quay.
Jumping from roofs has been a minor problem for business owners along the North Wall for a number of years but for some reason it is only this year that it has attracted media attention. When I took this photograph and the associated short video clip there was a camera crew on the river and it is becoming obvious that the media reaction is now encouraging and increasing the activity in question.
Because of the anti-social behaviour in the area coupled with the downturn in the economy the owners decided to close at the end of 2013. I must admit that I was more than a little bit disappointed.
- KING CHARLIES [NO LONGER IN BUSINESS]
- THE HUNGRY MEXICAN - BOLTON STREET
- THE BEST NIGHT EVER AT THE HUNGRY MEXICAN
- ASIAN RESTUARANTS
- BLEECKER STREET ON DORSET STREET
- TASTE OF BRAZIL ON PARLIAMENT STREET
- SWAI IN THE DOCKLANDS [NO LONGER IN BUSINESS]
- LUIGI MALONES IN TEMPLE BAR
- BRASIL STEAKHOUSE [N LONGER IN BUSINESS]