The original name of Victoria Street was Kingsland Park which was developed from 1865 by Frederick Stokes. Some of the houses in the street remained empty for some time after they were built and were frequented by “ladies of the night”, who catered to the nearby Portobello Barracks. As a result the street acquired a bad reputation and respectable families moved out. Even after the ladies moved on, the bad reputation of the street remained, and thus the name was changed to Victoria Street.
SORRY FOR THE DELAY